Quran is the Book of Allah. Therefore it demands respect because of the wisdom which the Holy Book contains. Here are some of the ways to show our respect to the Quran.
- Carry the Quran carefully. When you have the Book of Allah in your bag, keep your attention on it. Don’t allow it falling down or stay on the floor. You should use both hands to get it from the bag. Be carefully and gently when you put it on the desk (it must be clean) or on the wooden reading stand. Don’t hurry when you open the Quran, realize you are touching the wisdom which Allah sent to the human.
- Listen to the Quran attentively.
“So when the Quran is recited, then listen to it and pay attention that you may receive mercy. “
If someone recites the Quran near you, do not disturb him by talking or making noise. You can receive a lot of rewards when you listening to the Quran. Ali Zaynul ‘Aabideen said, “Whoever listens to a letter of the book of Allah, the Glorious and Almighty, without even reading it, Allah will write down for him one good deed, forgive a sin, and raise him a degree.”
And those who disbelieve say, “Do not listen to this Quran and speak noisily during [the recitation of] it that perhaps you will overcome.”
Do not act the same way. On the contrary, listen quietly and carefully. Reciting the Quran is the best way to talk to Allah directly. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh): said, “Lo! Whoever has longing for Allah should listen to the word of Allah!” Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) also said, “Whenever one of you would like to talk to his Lord, he should read the Quran.”
- Recite the Quran regularly. The best way to show you love and respect to the Quran is reciting it. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said, “Brighten your homes with reciting Quran; do not turn them into graves. Surely the house in which a lot of recitation takes place enjoys many blessings and the members benefit from it. Such a household shines for the inhabitants of Heaven as stars shine to the inhabitants of the earth.” Another hadith says: “Indeed hearts rust in the same way irons rust.” He was asked: “What will polish the hearts?” The Prophet answered: “Reading the Quran.” The reciting of the Quran makes us better. Therefore it is our holy duty to make it as a good habit to read the Quran daily. Ali said, “He who recites 100 verses daily from the Book in the order it is in, Allah writes for him the reward equal to all the good actions of every one on this eart” Shaytan makes every effort to people stop reading, understanding and studying the Quran. All our strength and faith should be focused on the fight him. Ja‘far As-Saadiq said, “There is nothing more unpleasant to Shaytan than to see a man reading the Quran to gain insight.”
- Show the respect to any part of the Quran. If you have a Siparah, a brochure or a booklet that contains Surats or quotations from the Quran, respect it like the entire Quran.
- Teach Quran to your children. It is the best when your children start the Quran learning in the early ages. As-Saadiq said,“He who recites Quran while he is young, Quran mixes with his flesh and his blood, and Allah places him amongst the blessed and the chosen righteous. On the Day of Judgment, Quran shall become his defender and [pray for him a handsome reward.]”
- Follow the Quran. The best way to show your respect to the Quran that is follow all instructions it contained. Ja‘far Saadiq said, “Lo! One, who learns the Quran, teaches it and practices according to it, I will guide and lead him to Paradise.”
- Teach the Quran to others. Another way to show your love and respect to Quran is teaching Quran to someone else. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said,“The best of you is he who learns the Quran and teaches it.”
- Understand the meaning of the Quran. Learn Tafseer of the Quran but be sure it is from the reliable source
- Do not leave the Quran open. When you have finished reciting the Quran be sure you close it gently.
- Put the Quran on the top. Do not put anything above the Quran.
- Avoid Haram. It is forbidden to make Najasat (impure things) touch the Quran.
- Keep the Quran safe place.